Nov 8, 2006

Grasshoppers




I did try these more common garden variety grasshoppers and they tasted just like,,,, overcooked vegetable oil, gee I wonder why. At a dollar fifty a kilo they are a steal, but then it is the season.

This guy is looking right back at you! To tell you the truth, I’ve never been much of a fan of bamboo soup. No big deal, just don’t like the taste. When this batch came with all the pa dek stinking to high heaven I knew I was going to take pass anyway, then when I saw these choice little critters laced throughout I wished I’d had some. The next day I saw them for ten cents a piece down at the market. Jiminy Cricket, can you think of anything better? My wife said they were actually delicious. I enthused to my son and he popped a couple in his mouth and spit them out. Not to his liking.