Feb 13, 2009

Pantip Plaza







I wandered over to Pantip Plaza to buy an extra battery for my camera. The local Circuit City back home didn’t carry them. I figured if it’s hardware for a piece of electronics they must have it there, and they did. The first floor seemed to be inhabited by hawkers selling pirated computer gaming software. There must be a lot of falangs buying because on site of me they seemed to get whipped up into a selling frenzy. Sharks reacting to blood in the water.



I looked for a Panasonic sign and sure enough up on the third floor I spotted one. Pantip is renowned for pirated software. The store didn’t have a battery but they found one for me in about 90 seconds. Cost slightly less than at home.




13 45 0 N 100 32 15 E



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantip_Plaza

No comments: